In light of the current Coronavirus outbreak, we recognize that there will be many people affected by musculoskeletal pain or disorders who are unable to attend an in-person appointment. As such, we are introducing a new Telehealth Consultation service. These web-based appointments give you the opportunity to speak with a qualified Chiropractor without having to attend our clinic, ensuring you get the right advice and support you need to help facilitate your recovery. All consultations take place via HIPAA-compliant software and are bookable through our appointment scheduler Genbook. If you are unable to attend the clinic for appointments, you may be suitable for a Telehealth consultation.
Why choose a virtual Telehealth chiropractic appointment?
“Well-designed telehealth schemes can improve health care access and outcomes, particularly for chronic disease treatment and for vulnerable groups. Not only do they reduce demands on crowded facilities, but they also create cost savings and make the health sector more resilient.” (WHO) [accessed 4/6/2020]
Telehealth appointments are virtual consultations which take place over webcam. You’ll receive help with managing any musculoskeletal pains or disorders you are experiencing. You will receive appropriate, evidence-based advice and guidance from a fully regulated Primary Healthcare Practitioner.
Conditions that respond best to Telehealth:
- Musculoskeletal Injuries (sprain/strain)
- Cervicogenic Headaches
- Digestive issues/Stress/Fatigue
- Neck/Back Pain
- Should/Elbow/Wrist Pain
- Hip/Knee/Ankle Pain
- Postural Issues
Who Can Benefit From Telehealth?
- Patients outside of the Oakland Bay Area* with limited access to physical practitioners (*Must reside in California.)
- Patients who have difficulty traveling due to pain and disability
- Parents trying to manage a schedule with at-home children
- Anyone working from home and unable to seek care during regular business hours
How Do I Receive Treatment via Telehealth?
Many physical therapies and exercises can be performed safely on yourself with Dr. Baird’s watchful eyes and guidance. These include:
- A variety of different self-delivered manual therapies
- Acupressure Points/Trigger Points/Compression Flossing/Foam Rolling/Cupping
- Strengthening and Range of Motion exercises
- Stretching and Mobility exercises
- Mindfulness, meditation and breath training
- Education on diet/supplementation, lifestyle, exercise, sleep,
What You’ll Need:
- A solid high-speed internet connection
- A web cam with microphone (most computers, laptops and tablets have this feature built in)
- Space to move that is clean and free of distractions
- Clothes that you can move freely in
- During a Chiropractic treatment session, you may need a stretching strap, resistance bands, towel or mat, foam roller (and/or massage balls/lacrosse balls), light weights or possibly other household items that can be used as a substitute
Until further notice, all Telehealth chiropractic appointments with Dr. Baird are NOTAFLOF donation-based sliding-scale $0-85 ( no one turned away for lack of funds). Through this pandemic, we are all in the same boat, but we aren’t all in the same storm (see Erin Currie’s words below). If you are financially able to contribute at the top of the sliding scale, that goes a long way towards subsidizing appointments for those who aren’t able to afford services at this time. Donation can be made through Venmo, Paypal, check, or credit card.