Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Treatment
Are you suffering from pain, tingling, or numbness in your hand? You may, or may not have carpal tunnel syndrome. Watch the webinar below for a full explanation of what it is and how an Oakland chiropractor treats carpal tunnel syndrome. It also explains why this is commonly mis-diagnosed and what you can do to discover more about your condition.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Poor ergonomics at a computer workstation
- Overuse of forearm muscles from texting/computer use/repetitive motion
- Repeated motions of playing an instrument
- Poor posture or muscular control of the neck and shoulders
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Pain, tingling, or numbness in the hand and wrist
- Forearm fatigue
- Feeling like you can’t just shake out your wrist or hand tightness
Other symptoms include pain or weakness in these same areas, especially when trying to do tasks that rely heavily on fine motor skills such as writing or typing. It can also cause difficulty sleeping because of discomfort at night while laying down with the arm over head; some people may even experience pain radiating up their arm into their shoulder or neck. This condition is really tricky because it’s often mis-diagnosed and people end up having to go down the route of medications and surgery, when in reality most conditions can be managed by non-surgical treatments.
Treatment for Hand and Wrist Pain and Numbness:
- Manual therapy to address the adhesion that builds up from repetitive motions
- Chiropractic adjustments to neck, shoulder, back, elbow, wrist, or hand as needed
- Physical therapy exercises to address any strength or stability deficits upstream
If you are tired of suffering with wrist and hand pain and would like to schedule a free consultation with an Oakland chiropractor, please call (510) 465-2342 or click the button below.